BREAKING: Shooting Rampage Leaves Dead Across 4 Blocks

( – BREAKING NOW: A mass casualty event unfolded overnight in Philadelphia as a man on a shooting rampage left five people dead and two others injured, according to the police. The authorities have detained a suspect.

Initially, the police reported that four individuals had been killed. Later, they discovered a fifth casualty. All the victims were male.

The two injured survivors were only 2 and 13 years old. Thankfully, they are currently in a stable condition.

The shooting was not confined to one spot but over a broad area spanning four city blocks.

The alleged shooter, a 40-year-old man, was arrested after being chased and cornered in an alley by the police. He was armed with an AR-style rifle and a handgun, and was even equipped with a police scanner, Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw mentioned to the press. The man was also wearing a bulletproof vest.

Another individual, who reportedly shot back at the suspect, was also taken into custody by the police.

The police are still in the dark about the shooter’s motives. “At this point, all we know is that this person decided to leave their home and to target individuals,” Commissioner Outlaw said. The relationship, if any, between the victims and the shooter is not clear yet.

The shooting started around 8:30 p.m. in the Kingsessing neighborhood of the city, according to CBS Philadelphia.

The first four victims, aged between 16 and 59, were shot dead. The age of one of the victims is still undetermined but is believed to be between 16 and 21.

Late into the night, at around 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, a father approached the police. He had returned home to check on his son, living close to the earlier crime scenes, and found him lifeless on the living room floor.

The police called medics, who pronounced the 31-year-old man dead at the scene. He had been shot multiple times in his face and chest, with around seven rounds found in the house. Due to the location of the house and the similar ballistics, the police believe this man was the seventh victim of the same incident.

Chief Inspector Scott Small clarified that they were sure no gunshots were fired after the initial shooting spree, as numerous officers and detectives were on the scene, and none of them heard any additional shots.