(TheLastPatriotNews.com) – Fox News has sent a cease-and-desist letter to its former host Tucker Carlson instructing him to terminate his new talk show, which is streamed directly on Twitter.
In the letter, Fox’s legal team stressed to Carlson’s lawyers that he was still under a valid contract with the network until the end of 2024, Axios reports, citing its sources.
The former host of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” was axed by Fox after the network paid almost $800 million to settle a defamation lawsuit by Dominion Voting System over claims that the 2020 election was rigged.
The first two episodes of Carlson’s new show, “Tucker on Twitter,” have attracted a combined total of almost 170 million views, Breitbart News notes.
According to the report, Fox’s letter has a bolded inscription at the top, reading, “NOT FOR PUBLICATION,” at the top.
“My friend and client Tucker Carlson will not be silenced — by the far left or by Fox News,” tweeted Harmeet Dhillon, who represents Carlson, together with another lawyer, Bryan Freedman.
She confirmed Fox News’ cease-and-desist letter to its former anchor in a statement to Axios, while a network spokesperson declined to comment.
“Fox News continues to ignore the interests of its viewers, not to mention its shareholder obligations,” Dhillon said.
“Doubling down on the most catastrophic programming decision in the history of the cable news industry, Fox is now demanding that Tucker Carlson be silent until after the 2024 election,” she added.
The report notes that talent contracts usually feature “exclusivity provisions” banning “top personalities from appearing on other networks and platforms.”
It adds that Fox News continues to pay Carlson under his contract. He and his attorneys have argued that his 10-minute Twitter videos exercise his First Amendment rights, while Fox perpetrated “material breaches” of his contract.
Despite the Fox News letter, Tucker Carlson’s executive producer said his show’s next episode was to be streamed on Twitter on Tuesday. It will discuss former President Donald Trump’s indictment on 37 charges over his alleged mishandling of classified US government papers.
According to the report, Carlson plans to expand his Twitter show with longer episodes and “the addition of guests.”
What is your opinion? Would you like to see Carlson continue to appear on Twitter? Share your view by emailing [email protected]. Thank you.
A cease-and-desist letter has reportedly been sent to Tucker Carlson from his previous employer Fox News over his new Twitter show that went public last week. https://t.co/9TjYYOpJBG
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) June 12, 2023